Wednesday, August 10, 2005

The Twelve Roses of the Cross

This morning I woke up and Jesus was with me. Now that is strange since I am not a Christian, born again or otherwise. But there he was; projection, thought form, Son Of God...I wish I could tell you.

Anyway, I started thinking that instead of the twelve stations, we could have the twelve roses of the cross. He really liked the idea. In our garden we would have twelve rose bushes. Each could be a different color to symbolize the different aspects of Mastery. There could be a yellow rose bush for Self-Acceptance (probably the very first one), a pink rose bush for Forgiveness, a purple rose bush for Steadfastness...you get the idea. The last rose bush could be pure white for compassion; for alignment with God/Goddess.

At each rose bush people would stop, open their hearts, and get the message. The good news is that Jesus would be waiting at the end of the last bush to put his arm around the shoulders of those who navigated the garden. Or to give them a big hug.

Between you and me I think he really likes the idea. I get the impression he feels it's a lot more appropriate than having people work themselves up about flagellation, blood and those kinds of things. Especially for the children. He wants so bad that we not expose our children to that stuff. If we feel we need to do this, he wont interfere...but the children...honestly I think it breaks his heart.

We talked a little about how to publicize this and we decided we better keep a low profile. He's had a lot more experience than I have in dealing with human emotions. He was particularly
concerned that The Twelve Roses of the Cross not become the foundation of a new religion that forced its adherents to circumnambulate the garden. He told me the last thing he wanted was for the children to be forced to put on stiff clothes and stare somberly at the rose bushes while some guy in a robe intoned his name.

But you should have seen the smile on his face when he envisioned each of us finally making it to the last bush! It was like there was no greater gift which anybody could give him; no cathedral, no Hallelujah Chorus, no fundraiser...nothing even close.

And all this before my morning coffee.

I hope He comes back tomorrow.




1 Comments:

Blogger Paul Skogstrom said...

Beautiful sentiment ted, I hope one day to be able to linger in that garden myself.

1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter